ABOUT THE COUNCIL
The Italian Business Council of Pakistan (IBCP) has the primary objective to promote goodwill, commerce and information exchange between Italian and local businesses in Pakistan.
Managed by a Board of Directors elected on a bi-yearly basis, IBCP is an independent “not-for-profit” entity comprising of corporations, small and medium sized companies, prominent business leaders and entrepreneurs from Italy (and other nationalities).
IBCP’smain objective is to provide a trustworthy platform through which members and supporters discuss business related challenges in the trade relations between the Pakistan and Italy.
Through the active support of its members, IBCP aims at becoming the most authoritative voice of all the Italian businesses in Pakistan.
In alignment with the main mandate of information exchange, aggregation and support for Italian businesses and individuals operating (or intending to operate) in Pakistan, IBCP focuses on the following objectives:
- Develop and reinforce the economic and cultural relationships between Italy and Pakistan;
- Contribute to the facilitation of every possible form of trade, investment in various industries (i.e. manufacturing, tourism, fashion, healthcare, services, science, agriculture and financial sectors) as well as the development of new key-sectors;
- Encourage and promote Italian investments in Pakistan, pakistani investments in Italy as well as facilitate the creation of joint ventures and projects between the parties;
- Contribute to reinforce the commercial relationships between the Pakistan and Italian private sectors;
- Facilitate the exchange of commercial and economic information among the individuals and enterprises from the Pakistan and Italy with the objective to foster premium commercial relationships;
- Promote every initiative tailored at raising awareness of the economic and commercial relationships among the two countries, in full alignment with the Italian and Pakistan.
IBCP WILL ENDEAVOR TO
In order to accomplish the objectives above listed, IBCP will endeavor to:
- Promote the finalization of commercial agreements as well as provide relevant and applicable business intelligence and information to its membership;
- Encourage the formation of joint ventures and businesses in Pakistan;
- Contribute to the resolution of potential challenges which may negatively impact the existing commercial relationships between Italy and Pakistan;
- Organize meetings, luncheons and other networking opportunities with the ultimate objective to exchange information, know-how and ultimately promote the development of the trade relationships between Italian and Pakistani entrepreneurs;
- Organize and/or facilitate the organization of specialized Conferences in a variety of target sectors with the objective to further promote the economic and social interaction as well as strenghten the cooperation among the countries.